Spinach Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
Have you ever put leafy greens in your pasta salad? This is a great recipe to try it out and then mix it up with different greens!
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- ~5 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ~400g pasta, uncooked (I used Fusilli Bucati Corti)
- 1 can (19oz/540ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 c feta, crumbled
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange or yellow), diced
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped.
- I find it works best to make the dressing first and pour some over the spinach while putting together the rest of the ingredients to let the spinach soften and marinate.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and add 1 Tbsp olive oil so it doesn’t stick. Let cool.
- Add all other ingredients and the rest of the dressing to the pasta. Stir to combine. Let it sit in the fridge for better flavour. (great leftover as well!)