Tomato Artichoke Baked Fish with Orzo
A different and delicious idea for cooking fish!
- ~2-3 cups dry orzo pasta (more or less depending on your household appetites!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ~1 lb or ~450g frozen white fish fillets, thawed (sole, cod, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup (~170 ml jar) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives (~12 olives), pitted and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp capers (optional)
- ¼ cup feta or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cook orzo as per package directions. Drain and stir in 1 Tbsp olive oil so it doesn’t stick together. Set aside.
- While the orzo is cooking, heat the other Tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add diced tomatoes, basil, oregano and black pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for ~5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture and set aside. Pour the rest into an oven safe 9”x 13” casserole dish.
- Lay the fish fillets on top of the tomato sauce. Drizzle the lemon juice on top of the fish.
- Place drained artichokes, olives and capers (if using) on top of the fish. Pour reserved 1 cup of tomato sauce on top.
- Bake in the oven for ~20min or until fish is cooked through.
- Top with feta or parmesan cheese.
- Serve with orzo and enjoy!
7 thoughts on “Tomato Artichoke Baked Fish with Orzo”
What a wonderful and hearty dish. I love how it’s so light but yet comforting at the same time. Looks delicious.
Oh that looks delish for summer dinner!
Thank you! Our family loves it!
Such a great dish, always love dishes that can be put together so easily. So hearty yet light.