Sheet Pan Lentil and Veggie Dinner
Here’s a delicious and easy meatless meal for something different!
- 2-4 Tbsp canola or avocado oil
- ½ red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large broccoli crown, divided into smaller pieces
- 2-3 large Kale leaves chopped into smaller pieces, with big stems removed
- ~½ tsp black pepper
- 1 – 540mL (19 fl oz) can of lentils (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 Tbsp canola or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp hummus
- Preheat oven to 400˚ (You will need 1 sheet pan and 1 bowl that you can keep reusing to save on dishes.)
- Mix sweet potatoes and 2 Tbsp oil in a bowl until well coated. Sprinkle with black pepper. Transfer to your sheet pan. Place onion wedges around the sweet potato.
- Using the same bowl, mix together the lentils, oil, spices (all the lentil ingredients). Spoon lentil mixture relatively even over the sheet pan as well.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place broccoli in the bowl and drizzle a bit of oil on it. Remove sheet pan from the oven and now add broccoli. Continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Then add the kale to the bowl and drizzle oil on it as well. Massage the oil into the leaves. Add the kale to the sheet pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
- While the lentils and vegetables are baking, prepare the sauce. Stir together all sauce ingredients until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Place sheet pan on the table for everyone to dish their own or you can serve dinner in bowls by dividing it up and topping with a drizzle of sauce!