Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
This is an easy meal using frozen shrimp and whatever is in your fridge!
- 1.5 lbs (~680g) Frozen precooked (or raw) shrimp, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup Buffalo Sauce ie. “Frank’s” (or just enough to coat shrimp)
- Taco shells (I used corn tortillas) but you can use flour wraps or even lettuce wraps if you prefer
- Toppings: Grated cheese, lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage, cilantro, hot peppers, red bell pepper, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and/or any other vegetables in your fridge!
- Ensure your shrimp is thawed (you can run it under cold water in a strainer to thaw quicker). Dry excess water by dabbing with a paper towel if needed.
- Add garlic, paprika and black pepper to shrimp and mix till evenly dispersed.
- Heat a frying pan over medium low heat. Add the canola oil.
- Once oil is heated, add shrimp. If shrimp is precooked, heat until just warm or if shrimp is raw, heat until pink. (Do not overcook or shrimp will become rubbery.)
- Add buffalo sauce to pan and mix to coat shrimp.
- Make your tacos by adding shrimp and toppings to your taco shell or wrap of choice!