We’ve been making this dish for many years and it’s always enjoyable!
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 red peppers, cut into thin slices
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic (~1 clove)
- Optional (if you like heat): 1-2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce (low sodium if you have it)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2-3 cups mango chopped into cubes (~1-2 mangos)
- Optional: 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Optional: ½ cup unsalted peanuts or cashews as a topping
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp canola oil and wait for it to heat up.
- Add red peppers, onion, garlic and optional jalapenos. Sauté for ~2min. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add and heat the other 1 Tbsp canola oil to skillet. Add the chicken and cook until it is white or slightly browned on the outside but not fully cooked through. ~5min.
- Stir in soya sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar.
- Add mango and continue to cook on medium low heat until chicken is no longer pink in the inside. ~5-10min. (Do not overcook the chicken or it will be dry.)
- Return the red pepper mixture back to the pan and stir.
- Top with optional green onion or nuts.
2 thoughts on “Mango Chicken”
Mango & Chicken are always a delicious combo and this recipe looks so yummy. A perfect weeknight dinner.