Festive Cranberry Banana Muffins
These muffins are the perfect balance of sweet and sour. My kids love them! (If you prefer, you can substitute raspberries or blueberries for the cranberries.)
- 3 ripe bananas (can use thawed frozen ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped cranberries (I used frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add sugar, egg and oil. Mix well.
- Gently stir in cranberries.
- In a separate bowl stir together the rest of the ingredients (dry ingredients).
- Make a well in the dry mixture and pour wet mixture in. Stir just enough to combine (be careful not to over mix).
- Scoop into muffin liners or well greased muffin tin. Bake for 20-25min (until muffins spring back when pressed)
- Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack. Makes 12 muffins.
*Let cool completely if you want to decorate. I used cranberries cut in half (as flowers) with pumpkin seeds (as leaves). Stick them on with a tiny bit of icing.