Roasted Salt & Vinegar Lentils
If you love salt & vinegar flavouring you need to try these. High in fibre and protein these lentils make a delicious and nutritious snack!
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils
- 2-3 cups white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse lentils with cold water. Drain. Place in a pot.
- Cover lentils with white vinegar (until ~2 inches above lentils). Turn on your hood vent as they will smell strong!
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer ~25min. Cook until slightly tender but not mushy.
- Drain vinegar well.
- Prepare a foil lined pan (cookie sheet) with a layer of paper towel on top. Place lentils on the paper towel to dry for ~1hr or pat dry well if you don’t have time. Discard paper towel.
- Drizzle canola oil and sprinkle salt on lentils. Mix well and spread out evenly on pan.
- Bake at 400F for 10 min. Stir, then bake another ~10-15 min. Be careful not to burn them.
- Let cool completely before storing in a jar or container. Makes ~2 cups.