Mediterranean Lil Potatoes and Tuna on Arugula
The aroma of this dish cooking in your kitchen will make your mouth water! Little garlic roasted potatoes are mixed with a combination of lemon, tuna, capers, green onion, and Kalamata olives. This dish has a tangy flavour that melds so well with the peppery baby arugula underneath. The little potatoes are perfect for this recipe as they keep their creamy inside but roast to perfection with a crispy outside. As a Registered Dietitian and Mom, I’m always experimenting in the kitchen to find new and exciting meal ideas for both my family and my clients. This recipe not only makes a nutritious balanced meal but it is also easy, unique and delicious for both busy work nights and entertaining guests!
- 1.5lbs Baby Potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ~1tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon (~1/4 cup)
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers (I like to cut them in half if you have time)
- 2 large green onions, finely sliced
- 1 can chunk light tuna (170g), drained
- handful of baby arugula for each plated serving
- optional grated Parmesan cheese on top
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut potatoes in half and place in bowl. Mix potatoes with garlic, olive oil, and ground pepper. Pour potato mixture onto a foil lined cookie sheet and roast for ~20-25min or until potatoes are soft and can be pierced easily with a fork.
- While potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a skillet. Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, olives, capers, and green onions. Cook for about 3 min. Reduce heat to low and add tuna. Stir until heated through but be careful to leave tuna in large chunks.
- Once potatoes are done roasting, mix them into the skillet tuna mixture.
- Place on top of a plate of baby arugula and sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!