An easy one-pot family friendly meal!
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 small-medium zucchini sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half (or quartered if larger)
- 2 cups orzo (dry)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ~1 lb (~454 g) precooked shrimp, thawed and peeled
- Ground pepper to taste
- Green onion finely chopped (optional)
- Grated parmesan or feta cheese as topping (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, oregano, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cook until softened.
- Stir in orzo and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for ~10 min or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in precooked shrimp at the very end and heat until warm (do not overcook as shrimp will get rubbery). Add additional toppings if desired. Enjoy!
One thought on “Easy Shrimp, Orzo & Zucchini”
Pingback: Easy shrimp orzo and zucchini recipe